Monday, October 8, 2012

Glorious Sleep!

Sleep Training

We've completed 4 nights of sleep training thus far and we are all SLEEPING! Yay! The first night Carter got up 5 times, and the longest he cried for was 40 minutes. Whenever he cried we would leave him for a few minutes before going to him. We would talk to him, rub his belly, etc until he calmed down then he would fall back asleep.

The second night he got up 3 times and cried for 40 minutes once. The other 2 times he cried for about 5 minutes. Again, we gave him a few minutes before going to him. We only had to go to him the one time as he settled by himself the other 2 times.

The third night Carter cried for a grand total of 13 minutes the entire night! He cried for 10 minutes when we put him down to bed, then 3 minutes one other time in the night. We didn't have to go to him as he settled by himself.

Then last night he cried for about 5 minutes when we put him to bed then about 1 minutes one other time during he night. He settled by himself.

We try to put him to bed around 7-730pm each night, whereas his bedtime before sleep training was about 9pm. He gets up for the day around 7am, so he's sleeping for close to 12 hours.The training has been far less difficult than we anticipated. I am definitely calling it a success at this point. I know things could change at any minute, but it's working for now!

Weight Loss

Ralph and I have now been doing Weight Watchers for 3 weeks and have both lost around 6 pounds. Frankly I have no idea how I have lost anything in the past week as I have been eating fairly badly. My hip has also still been bothering me, and I've been going to physiotherapy regularly. I'm hoping that I will be able to get back to exercising within the next week. That should help ramp up the weight loss..... that and cutting back on the chocolate. Oh how I LOVE my chocolate, it's my biggest weakness!

Oh... I also must note that I managed to squeeze into a pair of pre pregnancy jeans this weekend! Granted they were not exactly comfortable, but they closed and I wore them anyway :)

Pumpkin Patch

We visited a local farm over the weekend and Carter picked out a couple of pumpkins. It was a lot of fun, and I could definitely see this becoming a family tradition. Here are a few photos from our day:













We will be having Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and I'm so looking forward to it! It just hasn't been the same the past couple of years so far from family and friends. We have SO much to be thankful for this year! We plan on blending up turkey dinner for Carter, I hope he likes it. 

- Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment