Monday, March 12, 2012

39 Weeks

Yes, peanut is still super comfy apparently. We are 39 weeks! Yay :) I had another doctors appointment on Friday and everything is still looking great. I've been getting quite anxious about going overdue lately. I know there are risks to the baby if you are allowed to go past 42 weeks, as sometimes the placenta cannot continue to adequately nourish the baby. However, I know many women who trust their body's and prefer to let things happen naturally. So, if mom and baby are doing well they will just continue on with the pregnancy. If I wasn't as anxious as I am and didn't have the history that I do I would probably be ok with this. However, I do not want to go too far overdue. I'm so scared something will happen!! I expressed my concern to my doctor and she agreed to induce me at 40 weeks 5 days if I was still pregnant then. I feel much better with this plan. So the longest I could be pregnant is now 13 days!

I've been getting a TON of contractions the past week. I mean I get them all the time, but these are becoming much more uncomfortable and quite frequent at times. I keep getting my hopes up that labour is starting. Oh well, peanut will come when he/she is ready... I'm still not sleeping at night, and am officially a day sleeper. My belly continues to be extremely itchy. I was close to tears one morning last week as it was so itchy I wanted to rip the skin off! I continue to use the bio oil and tons of lotion. I also picked up some Aveeno Anti Itch Lotion which I use just before bed and that seems to be helping a little. Anyway, thats enough bitching... I'm extremely grateful to be 39 weeks :) :) Oh, yes... my cravings these days? quesadillas, nachos, tacos, etc. Especially quesadillas, I could eat them for every meal of every day! My appetite definitely doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon.

Well, thats really about it for this week. I see a different doctor on Wednesday as my usual doctor will be away. I hope she doesn't miss peanut's birth, as she has been a great support throughout this pregnancy. I'm hoping this other doctor will do a membrane sweep at my appointment. I will be 39 weeks 2 days, so I don't think it would be too unreasonable. I'll update on Wednesday and let you know if she did it.

If you haven't already made a guess in our baby pool, you can do so here: Amy and Ralph Shaw's Baby Pool. We left out the guess for gender, as so many people already know and would have an unfair advantage. So, go ahead and submit your guess.

Here is my 39 week belly :)


- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment