Monday, December 26, 2011

Third Trimester

We've finally made it to the third trimester! I still have 12 weeks to go, but I am so relieved to have made it this far. I'm continuing to have the constant contractions, and am beginning to feel quite large and uncomfortable. I'm sure I will look back weeks from now and laugh at the fact that I thought I was big. This is strange territory for me. Baby's movements are getting stronger each day, and I can now feel little body parts... I'm not quite sure what body parts I'm feeling, but it's very exciting! I'm scheduled for another ultrasound and Dr. appointment this week. I will update after those.

Here's my most recent belly shot taken last night. 27 weeks 6 days:

And one from Christmas (I didn't realize how tiny our tree was until I saw this photo. I look GINORMOUS!):

Ralph and I are going to go baby shopping this weekend. We haven't bought one single thing yet. We have been feeling nervous and guarded when it comes to buying things. However, we feel that 28 weeks is the first BIG milestone and we want to celebrate accordingly. I am so excited!!! I feel like reality will set in more when the house begins to fill with baby stuff. I'll let you know what we buy. 

I finally finished the crochet baby blanket! I figured out that it took me approximately 30 hours! I have the attention span of a raisin right now, so I'm sure it took way longer than it needed to. I'm pretty proud of it, as it's the first blanket I've ever made. I posted a black and white photo below which doesn't really do it justice, but the colours would give away the baby's gender. Many of our family and friends know the baby's gender also, but some don't want to know so we are trying to keep it a secret for them. 

We had a good Christmas. We slept in til' 10am, since this will be the last year we will be able to do so. I got lots of nice things, and tons of chocolate! Can't wait to have a little one to buy for next year.

I will try to update next weekend after the ultrasound, appointment, and shopping. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a wonderful new year.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment